Some of you might have noticed that I have not been writing as often as I usually do. August and most of September has been very busy for our family. I have also not been feeling like myself lately. My energy levels have been low and I was struggling to get out of bed every morning. So in August, I took a step back and realized that I needed to give myself some time to breathe. I also admitted to myself that I need help. Life is too short to feel miserable and overwhelmed everyday. So I am slowing down a little and I decided to do less and be OK with it:
- It’s ok if I don’t make my husbands lunch everyday. He is an adult and can prepare his own lunch.
- It’s ok if we have cheese and crackers for dinner (with wine of course), instead of my elaborate homemade meals.
- It’s ok to have takeout for dinner.
- It’s ok if every day and weekend is not perfectly planned.
- It’s ok if the laundry is not folded and still in the dryer.
- It’s ok to ask my husband to help me. He is my partner in this life and I don’t have to do this alone.
It has always been tough for me to admit that I need help and even tougher to ask for help. But when your body is trying to tell you something, you need to listen. As moms we are always ‘on’. You always have an ongoing list in your head of things to to do.
Recently I read an article that moms work an average of 98 hours a week! That is equivalent to more than 2 full time jobs.
No wonder we are tired and exhausted. We carry the weight of the world with us and that is exhausting. So I have decided to focus all my energy on what is really important: my daughter Zara. She is growing up fast and if I am bogged down with laundry, lunches, and chores I am going to miss out on this time with her.
So I am leaving the dishes in the sink, the clothes in dryer, ordering takeout and snuggling my baby for as long as I can. Screw the chores mommas! And enjoy your PSL! Happy Friday.