Hello November! It’s chilly and snowy out there which is perfect weather for baking. I find breakfast options in the morning during the week can be hard to find. I am always in a hurry to get out the door and don’t have time to sit down for breakfast. So I have being experimenting with a couple of different muffin recipes that I found online. The muffins always looked great but sometimes they would be a tad bit on the dry side. This last batch that I made though was super moist and delicious. Here is my recipe:
Prep time 15 min
Cook time : 30 to 35 min
Yield : 12 mini muffins
1.5 cup flour
3/4 cup oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup coconut sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 cups frozen fruit- thawed ( I used blueberry, cherry mango mix)
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients (except the frozen fruit) in separate bowls.
- Combine wet and dry mix into one bowl and fold in the thawed fruit.
- Line muffin tray with muffin cup liners and brush with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into lined muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 30 to 35 min. Cook till the middle of the muffin is no longer wet.
- Cool and serve!
I kept these muffins in the fridge for up to 5 to 6 days. I warmed them up prior to eating and they were moist and delicious. My picky 2 year old daughter loved them!
This is going to be my go to #breakfastonthego recipe. What is your go to recipe?